Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Annabelle Quad in 'Grape Vine': Swatches & Review


Annabelle 'Grape Vine'
 What's that? Another purple drugstore palette? Why yes, it is. I know the obsession is real and weird, but I am still on the hunt for the perfecr purple palette.
Just from appearance, can we talk about how pretty these shades are? The shade Violet is kind of a dream come true for me. It doesn't quite translate similarly from the pan to the lid, but it's still pretty to look at.
Lets talk abut the shadow. The main issue I have with this palette is that the pigmentation is just not where I need it to be. If you really want an opaque colour on the lid, you will need to spend some time working to build it up. 

I really appreciate that there are some matte shades in the palette. You find plenty of purple at the drugstore but not so much matte purple, so props to Annabelle on that. 

The shadows themselves lean on the more stiff and powdery feeling shadows, rather than the buttery, soft shadows that I tend to prefer. It doesn't look bad, but you will definitely need to spend a bit more time working with them if you want bold colour.
Annabelle 'Grape Vine' Swatches
The final verdict: This is a fairly average palette. It's unique to me because very few drugstore brands (if any at all?) offer matte purple eyeshadow like this, however the formulation is very typical of drugstore quality. Not the best, but not bad by any means.