Skip to main content

5 Cute Winter Date Ideas! (Blogmas Day 14)

Hello everyone!
So, for those of you in a relationship, I completely understand that sometimes its hard to come up with creative date ideas that also keep the season in mind. It can get a bit dull always going out for dinner and a movie all year around. So here are some suggestions for festive date ideas for the winter season! Hopefully you enjoy them and try some of these out!

Skating
The most typical (and super fun!) date during the wintertime for me is to go skating together. Usually at a festively decorated outdoor skating rink, but it could be indoors if you live somewhere that doesn't necessarily get too cold! It's a fun, active date that you'll both enjoy. Hopefully at least one of you can skate well though, cause it might not be so fun for the both of you ending up falling on your butts! This is definitely a date you should try at least once with your significant other.


Stay in and watch holiday movies
Ok, hear me out on this one, since I know it doesn't sound like much of a "date" but rather spending time in together. But the fun in this one is actually making it a date. Make some hot chocolate together and prepare some snacks. Gather pillows and blankets to make a super cozy area to watch your movie. Maybe light some Christmassy scented candles or light up the Christmas tree. Make it more than just sitting together and watching a movie!

Go Christmas shopping together
I really like this one. It doesn't sound like much, but it's just the atmosphere this time of year. The malls are so nicely decorated with Christmas trees and decorations. There's holiday music playing and everyone seems to be just a little bit more cheerful. Shopping together and choosing gifts to give as a couple, or helping each other choose gifts for other people is a really fun bonding experience (note: you should probably not buy each others gifts while you're together haha).


Decorate a gingerbread house together
I loooove this. It's such a fun, creative activity to do together. If you're not the most baking-savvy people, or for the sake of saving time, you can buy pre-prepared gingerbread houses that only need to be assembled and decorated. This is such a cute activity to do together and you get to display it afterwards for everyone to see!


Decorate the Christmas tree
If you have not decorated your tree yet, then this is such a nice thing to do as a couple. There's just something about decorating a tree together that makes you feel the warm fuzzies inside. This is something you should do as a couple every year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als