Skip to main content

Too Faced 'Better Than Sex" Mascara Review!

I can sum up this mascara in 2 words: Holy Grail. Of course, you're all here for a full review of it, so I'll give you more than just two words.

I first tried this mascara a little over a year ago when I got a mini sized one with the Too Faced "Everything Nice' limited edition holiday palette and I fell in love. It is the best mascara if you want dramatic, fuller and longer lashes.

I've tried many mascaras and they all promise to both add length and volume, but usually only manage one. This mascara actually does both. I notice my lashes are noticeably thicker and longer. My makeup looks are so so much more dramatic and pretty when I use this mascara, I swear by it.

It is not a waterproof formula (I'm not sure if it comes in a waterproof formulation at all) but that was not a problem. I never had any issues with smudging or even black raccoon eyes in the rare occasion I shed a tear or sweat. (of course, you will get some nice black raccoon eyes if you shower with it on, duh). It also does not flake on me at all, it goes on and stays on perfectly.

Another great thing I've noticed about it is that it doesn't clump too much if you add additional coats. To be honest, I find that if you really take your time and work your first coat in, you don't even need a second or third, but in the occasion that I wanted extra drama, it went on very well.

It is $30 CAD which is a bit steep for a mascara but this stuff is so great, I would gladly spend a bit extra for it. It also does have your money's worth of product in the tube, so if you use it every day, you will definitely have it for a while.

Finally, while this isn't the most important of things (but it definitely helps!), the packaging is sooooo cute. Too Faced is known for their pretty packaging and this one feels so luxurious to me. It is sleek and pink and metal which gives it a nice, satisfying weight to it.

So yeah, this was definitely a huge contender in my 2015 favourites and I intend to continue loving it in 2016!

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als