Skip to main content

TV Talk: Pretty Little Liars "Of Late I Think Of Rosewood" Recap & Review

Oh my god. After what felt like the longest wait of all time, the first episode of Pretty Little Liars season 6B "Of Late I Think of Rosewood" finally aired. They're back, 5 years later and the story continues. I have been looking forward to this episode since the shocking (and to many, disappointing) huge reveal of the identity of A. 

There was so much hype building up to this episode (and, I mean, no kidding. You answer the biggest question of the entire show and then break for months... Obviously we're excited). Did the episode live up to the hype? Well... In my opinion... Not really. 

It starts off with the girls reuiniting in Rosewood after being summoned by the court (and Alison, of course) in order to determine if they should release Charlotte. The girls look great; new cities, new jobs, new hair... A lot has changed in these 5 years. But they're not doing as well as it seems... I'm looking forward to seeing more about how the girls have been coping, especially Emily who, we learn, lost her father. 
The girls show up to the court, lie (once again for Alison) stating they were no longer scared of Charlotte. Aria is the only one who is honest, but nonetheless, Charlotte is released. And not even 24 hours after she gets released... she goes missing. Alison wakes up and discovers that her stuff is all there but she is gone. So now, I'm thinking its going to get good. Charlotte is up to no good again and this episode is about to get exciting... right? Well... not the excitement I was expecting because not even 5 minutes after we find out she's missing, they find her body... dead. All this happens, and she commits suicide? Sounds fishy. 
Once again, the girls end up at a funeral. One that is eerily similar to Alisons. Like when Sara "Shower" Harvey with a man on her arm a la Season 1 Jenna and Toby? With the black widow veil on too, nice touch. Aaaaaand then we find out Charlotte didn't commit suicide... she was murdered (KNEW IT!!!). 

So dun dun dunnnn there's a new killer on the loose I guess. And knowing PLL and their fantastic police force, I'm thinking Aria is probably their prime suspect right now since she "didn't want Charlotte released, ever". 

Anyway, as much as I dislike Charlotte, I'm pretty annoyed she died. Like, first episode after the massive reveal and she gets killed off? 5 and a half seasons of wondering who A is, and right after we find out, they get murdered. I get that they're making way for the new bad guy but I feel like all the A buildup was for nothing now... As if they just threw away 5 and a half seasons of torture. I dunno... 

Overall, I was a bit underwhelmed, but I can feel like there's potential for this to be a great season. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als