Skip to main content

June Favourites!

Is it just me, or did this month go by unbelievably fast? I cannot believe June is already over! This month was great for me in terms of beauty and makeup. I've tried a lot of new products, found tons of new favourites, and I've started testing out lots of new products to review soon! However, there can only be so many products in my monthly favourites, so here are the ones that were the best of the best for me this month! Interestingly enough, all my favourites this month are from the drugstore, so not only are they great products, but they're also affordable!

L'Oreal Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator in 'Ice'

I was on the hunt for a good drugstore highlighter and let me tell you right now: the selection isn't huge. I was pretty drawn to the L'Oreal Lumi line and I picked up one of their Liquid Glow Illuminators in the shade 'Ice'. I'm planning on doing a full review on this product very soon, so I won't say much now but I will say that this is a really great liquid highlight. I was a little unsure as to how it would look on me, but it looked pretty great in the end!

Physician's Formula Touch of Glow Foundation

I have a full review on this foundation that I will be posting tomorrow, but to keep it brief; this is a great foundation for the summer. It is glowy and your skin looks very radiant using it. As per most of Physician's Formula complexion products, the shade selection is unfortunately (very) limited, but if you are not extremely fair/extremely dark, you can make this work for you.


L'Oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow Quad in 'Stacked Heels'

This month, I was on the hunt for the perfect lilac coloured eyeshadow (but I was also on a budget, so I hit the drugstore). I picked up one of L'Oreal's eyeshadow quads in 'Stacked Heels' because it looked the closest to the colour I was going for. This is a really nice quad. Since it is drugstore, it isn't the most pigmented of eyeshadows, but if you pair it with an eyeshadow primer, it looks great.


NYC High Definition liquid eyeliner pen

I must admit, I really suck at liquid eyeliner. I know they say practice makes perfect, but I've gotten so comfortable with my pencil eyeliner routine, I've never really gotten around to getting in that practice anyway. However after hearing a few people talk about this product, I figured I'd give it a try. I mean, its $3, what have I got to lose? This product is SO easy to use and it looks really really nice. So if you are like me, and are less than talented with traditional liquid eyeliner, give this a try.


Annabelle Skinny Brow Liner

I believe that Annabelle is a brand that we only have here in Canada, but they really are great. Their products are affordable and and really really good. Everyday this month, I've been using their Skinny Brow Liner to fill in and shape my brows. It is extremely easy to use and has just the right amount of pigment. I also really appreciate that it's very easy to fix any mistake you might make while applying it, but once it sets, it wont budge.


Nyx Prismatic Shadow in Liquid Gold

Nyx's Prismatic eyeshadows are simply amazing. They are so pigmented, I can't get over it. The one in particular that I was loving is called 'Liquid Gold' and it honest to God looks like, you guessed it, liquid gold. So if you love gold eyeshadow as much as I do, you need this in your life.

Essence 'I Love Stage' Eyeshadow Base

What's better than a good eyeshadow base? A good eyeshadow base that costs less than $5. You heard me. This eyeshadow base is seriously holy grail to me at this point. It has a concealer-like colour to it, so it will cover up any broken vessels or areas you may want to conceal on your eyelids. It also keeps your eyeshadow from creasing, falling out AND it increases the pigmentation. And all this for $3.49. I mean, what else could you even ask for?

L'Oreal 'Eye Defense' Eye Cream

My dark under eye area is the bane of my existence. However, instead of just complaining about it and trying to conceal it, I've decided to add a good eye cream to my skincare routine to keep the area hydrated and hopefully diminish some darkness. I haven't noticed much yet in terms of making the area less dark, but I do notice that my under eye area is much more hydrated and my under eye concealer looks so much better now.

TV Favourite: Pretty Little Liars

PLL is back! Season 7 has just begun and as usual, I'm hooked. I've been following this show for years and years now, and this is it; it's the final season. I'm hoping for it all to be tied together nicely. 2 episodes into it, and I am already addicted. Can't wait to see how it ends!

YouTube Favourite: ReadySetGlamour

This month, I've been getting back into watching YouTube videos and Michelle honestly makes some of the best beauty videos out there. Her reviews are so honest and her videos are really entertaining and informative. She's also so involved with her viewers on Snapchat and Twitter! Definitely check her out!

Let me know what you were loving in the month of June!
xo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als