Skip to main content

Polysporin Eczema Essentials Vs. Aveeno Eczema Care

Those of you who have been around my blog for a while now know that I'm pretty much addicted to Aveeno's Eczema Care hand cream. I've gone through at least 6 tubes of this and it's pretty much my favourite non steroid treatment for the eczema on my hands.

When I was going to the drugstore the other day to pick up a new one of my Aveeno ones, and I saw that Polysporin had an eczema cream as well, which I was pretty curious about. I liked that it came in a bigger tube, which is a huge benefit considering how quickly I go through my Aveeno one.

I'm always a bit hesitant when I try a new eczema cream because I find that not many of them have the right balance. They're either way too thick and greasy, or just so thin that my skin absorbs it in milliseconds and feels as thought I applied nothing.

Here's the thing that I find pretty interesting: When you compare the ingredients in both these products, they are almost 100% identical, in the same order. So I expected the products to be nearly, if not completely identical. There is one slight difference I noticed in the two, but the general consistency of the two were the exact same.

The Similarities

-Both are that right balance of not too thick but not too thin and watery
-They are both unscented and steroid free
- They both absorb quickly
-They are both soothing to itchy, painful skin
- I noticed an improvement to my skin over time with both of them

The Differences

The only difference I noticed between these products is that with the Polysporin one, my hands have a bit of an oily residue on them after it soaks into my skin. That generally isn't a problem if I'm just hanging around at home, but it can be annoying if I'm out and trying to do things (or if it's breakfast time and I'm trying to open the lid to some strawberry jam, true story).

Anyway, bottom line is, these products are basically identical and they are both so so great. I will continue to repurchase both since having both sizes is pretty convenient (the Aveeno one is a great size to carry in your purse, while the Polysporin is a bit too large).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als